Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Week Four After Graduation

So Agape is going well, I'm feeling very stretched thin and overwhelmed but still loving it, so that's a good sign. We don't have a group this week but the past two weeks were awesome. Our first group was a God send - 11 girls from all around the country. They were willing to do anything and so it made our jobs a lot easier. We all worked as a team and I felt more on top of things than I ever did last year.

Our second group was young adult week - 11 Catholic young adults (mostly our friends). It was exhausting and none of us can really pin point as to why it was such a demanding and tiring week. It was great though.

For the 4th, I went to Washougal to hang with some of my Western friends and it was great. Aside from getting sick on Sunday, I got to see a lot of alums that I probably won't get to see again for a long time. AND I got to see my old house...my old neighborhood...my old high school and my old dairy queen. I went to my old church too. My parents drove to Vancouver from Boise to see some of their friends so I got to see them too, which was awesome. It was weird being back and knowing that it wasn't my city to live in anymore. I got a little teary when I drove past my old house...weird feeling.

Today I'm on my way to getting my first ever background check. I have to get one for JVC so I'm headed down to the police station to get fingerprinted...I feel like an adult doing all this! It should be interesting. I have gotten my address and my housemates' names. I'll be living with three other girls in a house. I'm pretty excited to see where the road takes me and if I like these ladies (I should, we're all serving the community, how could we not get along?). But that's it for now. Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment