Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's the Final Countdown

Tomorrow marks the end of my two-year-long journey. Two years...370 days later and what do I have to say?

As I reflect on these two years, I think about my growth and the impact others have had on my life. I re-read old blog entries or journal entries and am awed by the affect others have had on me.

To say I am "Ruined for Life" is true but it doesn't even begin to touch on the growth I've experienced or the experiences I've had. I have been blessed. I am "Blessed for Life" because of this experience. Through finding my inner strength and love of children in Bridgeport to the sense of self and independence I learned in DC, I have changed and I have those around me to attribute it to.

My kids introduced me to myself. They stripped away all my insecurities, my faults, my failures and let me love and be loved for me. They taught me love, Agape love, and I will forever cherish that.

My men and women experiencing homelessness introduced me to pain. They stripped away my stereotypes, my judgements and let me love and be loved for who we each are. They taught me strength, they taught me power, they taught me resilience, they taught me acceptance.

To say I am thankful is an understatement...I am beyond thankful...I am indebted. The Cardinal Shehan Center/Bridgeport, Miriam's Kitchen/DC and all those scattered in between have changed me and I am indebted to them for that. The people I got to know and love, the places I have gotten to see and the memories I have gotten to form are priceless and I am grateful for these past two years of love, loss, tears, laughter, challenge, growth, learning, acceptance and faith.

Thank you to everyone. Thanks Mom and Dad for your constant support and belief in me; thank you friends in Bellingham, friends in Bridgeport, friends in DC and friends in Vancouver, WA. Thank you community mates. Thank you co-workers. Thank you guests, kids and clients. Thank you JVC...I have been certainly blessed for life.

My new mailing address is:
370Taylor Street NE Apt. S32
Washington DC 20017

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment