Saturday, August 7, 2010

Anxiety

I am feeling very nervous about leaving Bellingham. I think it just hit me that I am moving in three days. I am leaving Bellingham, my roommate, my friends, my easy access to my parents and siblings and all the west coast has to offer in THREE DAYS!

The truth is: I am scared. I am scared that my three future roommates who all live within driving distance of our future home in Bridgeport, won't understand my west coast attitude, opinions, beliefs or ideals. I'm afraid they won't understand why JVC represents more than just a volunteer position, it represents Katie Conway exploring the world and gaining a sense of independence from her ever so planned out life. They won't understand me...that's my biggest fear. I'm afraid that I won't be able to go to church when I'd want to and I'm afraid that I won't have a strong faith life once I leave Bellingham's Evergreens, lakes and gorgeous sunsets. I think I'm also afraid that those I leave behind will forget about me...I will just become another memory; another alumni of the Newman Center. Granted, I don't want them to dwell on me leaving, I also don't want them to forget about me either!

I guess my mind is traveling at 300 miles per second and I'm having a hard time expressing myself...so maybe, just maybe, I should go to bed before I overwhelm myself so much that I keel over and die. Goodnight!

COUNTDOWN: 3 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment