Monday, August 30, 2010

White Wine, Push Mowers and Bluefish, Oh My!

The last post was pretty brief, but you got the gist of my adventure walking home...it was interesting/such a great learning experience. But this past weekend was a good one.

My roommates and I went to a Bridgeport Bluefish Baseball game on Friday, which was pretty fun because we all got to bond over the fact that the team is awful! :) We left at the end of the 10th inning when it was still 1-1 and 10:30pm.

On Saturday morning I had to work from 9am-2pm at the Shehan Center's Open House. I got to meet the staff I'll be working with this year and I got to meet some of the kids I'll be teaching. It was really great but I'm suffering the consequences of a 6 -day long work week!

Sunday morning we went to St. Ann's Catholic Mass and it was really good...I think we found our parish! :) Then I decided to take a whack at mowing our lawn...with a push mower. Our grass is about 2 feet tall so it was a very unenjoyable experience...Alie started to help me after I had been cussing at the mower for about 45 minutes. We tag teamed about 1/3 of our backyard lawn and then gave up. After about 2 and 1/2 hours and five blisters later we went inside for a much needed shower and yum yum time.

Later that evening, one of Katie's friends invited us over to dinner. It was a big three hour feast and it was fabulous. We had wine, we laughed, we ate and we all had a great time. It was fabulous. A lot of fun...so that was my weekend in a nutshell.

So far today, I have cut about 100 little slips of paper that read "One Day Pass" for the Shehan Center. I'm on my lunch break so I'll have to get back soon...that's it from the BPT in CT...loves!

1 comment:

  1. party in the BPT??
    are you gonna rsvp others to join the awesomeness?
    you know i'm right next door... i'll get in my row boat and meet you soon!

    ReplyDelete