Friday, January 7, 2011

Katie and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Well, it's been done, alert the presses, I had my first truly terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day (if you know the title of the Children's book I stole this from, I will give you a cookie).

I don't know if it's the combination of the after-math of holiday craziness or the almost halfway point of JVC or homesickness or just feeling crumby one day, but Wednesday was a very, very bad day for one Ms. Katie Conway. I woke up in a funk and went to work, surpassed talking to anyone and went straight to my office. I asked my boss for paperwork so I could nurse my funk in my office, without affecting those around me and she gave me a heap of stuff to do so I was good.

When the kids arrived, I worked one-on-one with one child and he was being a little poop head (not listening, wiggling/jumping around in his chair, etc.) and it was frustrating me a bit; to add to my already poopy mood. So once he finally finished his homework, I went to my office to finish up the work my boss had given me.

At 5:15pm, I headed out for the day and my boss pulled me aside and asked me if everything was OK. Because I could feel the tears welling up, I didn't answer because I knew as soon as I opened my mouth, it would open the flood gates as well. She continued her questioning with, "well, are you unhappy here? Do you want to leave? I feel like you've been distant today." With this bit of questioning I decided to defend myself, and I began to cry and explained that I was just having a bad day. She said she understood and gave me hug and let me leave for the day. (I paraphrased the conversation for length purposes).

Anywho, my mood was even worsened now because I was embarrassed and sad on top of my already poopy emotions. After talking to my roommates when I got home, I did the next important thing: called, who else? my Mom. Between my roommates and my mama, I was able to feel comforted, love and cared for. They all were very nurturing and I went to bed still feeling crappy but at least prepared to take on the next day.

I guess to turn this bicycle around, I come out of my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, with a strong appreciation for the support system I have. I am very grateful for my roommates and my parents. I guess I should be appreciative to the person who created the cell phone and long distance calling because it was a huge lifesaver for me on Wednesday. I am fortunate to have wonderful, loving and caring people in my life who are OK with me having a bad day without rhyme or reason. I am blessed to have them to smack me out of my down-and-out-ness and I am so thankful for the five months of good days I've had so far. One bad day shouldn't weigh me down and I don't think my support system would let it! Here's to seven more months of Terrific, Happy, Not Bad, Very Good Days! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment