Thursday, February 17, 2011

These Times, They are a Changin'

Whelp, the results are in...drum roll please...ba-rum-rum-rum-rum (that's the closest to a drum roll I could get). I was accepted into the additional year program with JVC. This means I will be serving for another year, alongside the marginalized and forgotten in our society...I am so excited!!! I originally applied because I wanted to continue working with those who needed love the most and I really wanted to experience another population and city other than Bridgeport and the west coast. When I sent in my application, I figured it was in God's hands and if He wanted me to continue doing His work out on the east coast, than I would...after my interview, I figured the cards would fall as they may and nothing was in my control.

Well, I found out yesterday that I was accepted to do another year of JVC. I put in my placement choices and preferences and am waiting to hear from the different agencies for interviews. I've decided to focus on D.C. and doing advocacy work in our nation's capital. JVC is trying to get a house of only additional year volunteers together to live in D.C. and I am highly interested in doing that as well. I've applied for jobs working with the homeless, elderly and refugees. We shall see which group God wants me to work with!

I am so excited to continue pushing myself in social justice and community living. I'm excited to see what D.C. has in store for me and I'm excited to work with a completely different population than I'm used to. Don't worry, my west coast friends, I will certainly be returning to you eventually, I love the rain too much not to go back to my roots...so don't fret...it's exciting to know I have a plan until August 2012 and it's even more exciting to know that I'm going to get to meet a whole new batch of people next year! Thanks for all your support and love and prayers, I felt them and needed them...loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment