Thursday, September 15, 2011

The 6th Love Language

So I am a big fan of the Love Languages (there are 5, by the way) and I am constantly thinking about them in my different interactions with other people. If you don't know what the Love Languages are, here's a link that explains them:

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-the-languages/the-five-love-languages/

But anywho, this brings me to a letter I got from my priest friend from back in Bellingham. He wrote me in response to a letter I had written him and he talked about the love languages and how my devotion to letter writing could easily become the 6th Love Language. It made me think about the craft of writing. Clearly, I am committed to writing my blog and to writing letters to others; and that is a way I show my love for others so my gratitude for Tuesday, Sept. 13th, 2011 is the gift God has given me in writing.

Tuesday, Sept. 13th, 2011: I am grateful for the gift of writing and the way it can convey emotions that may be difficult to convey otherwise. I am grateful for the reciprocated motion of responding to letters. Getting a letter in the real snail mail helps to fill my day with joy and excitement because someone thought of me long enough to write me a letter and that's a good feeling. I like to spread that kinda feeling so today I am grateful for the gift God has given me and others in being devoted to letter writing.

Wednesday, Sept. 14th, 2011: I never thought I would say this and I'm shocked it's coming so soon in the year but I am grateful for being in DC. As much as I miss Bridgeport, I am grateful for DC today. I gave a presentation at St. Mary's Court today and heard some disappointing stories from some seniors about the lack of transportation for seniors in DC. Today was the first day I actually felt motivated and passionate for the elderly as a social justice issue. Today, I got angry and wanted to change the system in place. Today, I am grateful to DC for making me see something I was trying so badly to force myself to see...the need for me in this city.

Thursday, Sept. 15th, 2011: Today I am grateful for opportunities. I went over my schedule with my new supervisor and she has me booked up with meetings and events. I am grateful for the many, many, many opportunities being a JV in DC is pointing me toward. As a community, we have so many things going on in the next month that I am grateful for the opportunities to experience all of this "stuff" and be an active member in our greater DC community. It's an awesome feeling to be booked up for events that carry so much weight and have such important content.

That's it for today...I hope all is well where ya'll are! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment