Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around."

*Wednesday, Sept. 28th, 2011: Taken from Bill Watterson, "Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around" is the theme of the day. I came into work a little tired, because I had stayed up kind of late last night trying to write a letter to one of my friends back home and the first thing I hear is my new supervisor scolding me for something I forgot to do and then pointing out how I messed up a week earlier and how bad that was. I felt like a child. It put me in a no good, rotten mood.

Then, I decided to sit in on the Beginners Computer Class and it immediately lifted my spirits. The seniors are so excited to be learning and so excited to finally understand the computer. It made me smile to laugh with them and joke with them and watch them interact with the computer teacher (who is really good at what he does). They brightened my spirits and I went into my 11am Advanced Computer Class with a smile and readiness to kick some butt and have some fun. We did too...we went over a few things in review of MS Excel and my two seniors had a great time with me, laughing and joking about silly things. Then it was time to go back to my office...dun dun dun.

I came back to my office, motivated to plan my next Advanced Computer Class lesson and heated up my lunch and it was great. I planned my next lesson, finished the curriculum for the Beginner Class, the course write ups and the contact list for the computer classes. I was even able to research possible options for us in the lab when it comes to seniors with disabilities, like tremors. Good stuff...a solid five hours of feeling good.

Then, the ugliness crept about in my office. First, the secretary seemed a bit moody, she didn't even say good morning to me or talk to me today. Then, my one ally was just complaining up a storm of how nobody does their job in this place and she always has to cover their butt. Then, another co-worker just heatedly said, "that's it. I am so done with this. I am in just the worst mood now and this is unacceptable."(no clue what she was referring to, I'm trying to keep to myself in my own, blissful world of computers and seniors). She then goes over to my one ally and they just start firing back and forth, fueling each other's rants about this and that and trash talking everyone...

It is from this place in time, that I am blogging. I am in this current environment right now and saw this quote and thought of my current environment..."Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around." The bad mood bug is just running rampant around this office and I'm just trying to keep to myself so in the spirit of what I started this blog for, I am grateful for my seniors. For their ability to make me laugh, make me happy and pull me out of a funk instead of spreading it around. I appreciate their jokes and good spirit, even if it was only for five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment