Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Seven Days Behind

Alright, so I've been busy with weddings and babies and flying from coast to coast that I didn't get to do any blogging or appreciation journaling! So now it's time to play catch up!

Thursday, September 1st, 2011: I am grateful for kick booty public transportation. I began my wild and crazy adventure bound for the PNW at 8am. I had to take DC public transit to the Reagan National Airport and I couldn't have found an easier, less costly way of getting there than by public transit if I tried. Maybe it's my Bridgeport background that has hindered my opinion of public transit but DC public transit is amazing and such a blessing.

Friday, September 2nd, 2011: I am grateful for good friends and time spent with them. I am so thankful for the hours I got to spend with Caitlin, Sarah and Emily before Emily's big day on Saturday and even more so, I'm grateful for odd and slightly inappropriate traditions like getting Big Mamas (fish bowl Margaritas) whenever I am in town. It was like old times, sitting at Jalapenos restaurant, sipping on our Big Mamas, laughing and scarfing down nachos.

Saturday, September 3rd, 2011: I am grateful for love and not just the generic kind of love that Hallmark makes sappy movies about but more specifically, the kind of love that a father and daughter have for one another. Today was Emily and Austen's big day and it was amazing to be a part of it. But my favorite part and the part I love most about weddings was all the interactions the father of the bride has with his daughter; from walking her down the aisle, to their dance together at the reception, to his toast, all of these things are what makes a perfect love. Seeing Emily and her dad made me miss my dad so much and appreciate the relationship I have with him so much. It's an indescribable feeling to know that you're Daddy's little girl and nothing can ever break that bond.

Sunday, September 4th, 2011: I am grateful for a child-like heart and silly mentality and friends who entertain both. We spent a better part of three hours making Emily and Austen a music video for their wedding present and it was so much fun! Grace, Kelsey, Alex, Caitlin and I all acted like a bunch of silly idiots as Grace changed the words to "Marry You" by Bruno Mars to fit Emily and Austen more appropriately. It was an explosion of laughter and random props.

Monday, September 5th, 2011: I am grateful for new life. I had the opportunity to visit with Ed and Corina's baby, Maximilian Kolbe DeBroeck, on Monday. He was born only five days prior...so tiny, so adorable, so loving. It was amazing to hold him and love up on him. I was reminded of how incredible life is and how amazing human beings are to create it.



Tuesday, September 6th, 2011: I am grateful for "see ya laters". I have noticed that in the past month I have had to do a lot of them. It's funny because I HATE goodbyes so it's funny to me that I've been having to so them a lot lately. My friend, Kelsey said it best, "your visits are good because they help to remind you that your friends are here, they aren't going anywhere and they love you." I hadn't seen a lot of my Bellingham friends in seven months and the past five days were such a breath of fresh air. The "see ya laters" are still difficult but knowing that the distance isn't in direct correlation with our friendship(s) is a beautiful lesson I am learning.

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011: I am grateful for inner peace and taking the time to really calm my mind, soul and body over the weekend. I have (for the first time this new JV year) actually enjoyed my work day today. It wasn't boring or irritating or worthless...I actually did an intake, put together my advocacy presentation, interacted with some seniors, helped in the Feast for All Market downstairs and actually enjoyed my day today (even though it's pouring outside).

No comments:

Post a Comment