Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Much to Share...so Little Time...

Thanksgiving was great. I went into it blind because I had no clue what to expect. I spent it with family I hadn't seen in ten years. We all have changed so much...it was good to catch up, reconnect, learn and laugh together. The food kicked butt too!!! :)

I guess this brings up the ever coined question of: What are you thankful for?

What am I thankful for? Truly, when thinking and reflecting, I can easily respond with, my family, loving and supportive friends or all the gifts God has given me this past year; but I truly think the greatest blessing I've gotten this year is the opportunity to do JVC.

JVC wasn't on my mind at all during this break but when I came back to work yesterday, I realized what I was the most thankful for: my kids. When I finally got to the 5-7 boys group they all fought each other to run up and hug me, and said, "I missed you." The 5-7 year old girls did the same thing and each time one of them ran up to me I looked down at their big eyes and wide smile and sincerely said, "I missed you too." The rush of love came back into my heart. During this break I felt a different kind of love, but yesterday, when all the kids were fighting each other to hug me, I felt full and warm. I am thankful for my kids. They have taught me patience, sincerity, a new kind of laughter and a new kind of love. I love them and their devilish behavior, high pitched screaming, innocent minds and big hearts.

My gratitude for JVC goes deeper though. My number one blessing has been my kids, but it is quickly followed up by my roommates. We got a Christmas tree last night and it was so awesome being back in our tiny community. Even when the tree almost feel over, we were laughing and problem solving. We fit together...not always perfectly, but we balance each other out very well. We bounce ideas off of each other, feel comfortable enough to look stupid in front of one another and truly have a base line of love for one another. I am thankful for their patience and friendship, they are true blessings in my life.

I have much to write but this seems like the best place to end it. I could never possibly convey every aspect of what went down this weekend in my blog...you'd be bored, but I thought the idea of gratitude was the most important...25 days to Christmas and I can't wait!!! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment