Wednesday, December 22, 2010

But a Moment...

I only have but a moment to tell you what I think. It's Christmas in 3 days and I am overwhelmed with the love and appreciation I have for those around me. Lately, I've been feeling down about being away from my family at Christmas, but today, for the first time, I felt the real love between myself and a few of my co-workers and especially my kids.

We did secret Santa at work...a tradition that I'm not a huge fan of because it's so forced at times. But anyway, I wasn't nosey or prying and I didn't discover who had me until they gave me the gift today. It was so thoughtful, and sweet. Karitza had me. She said she thought of a ba-gillion things to get me but couldn't decide on just one so she got me a purple blanket, scrapbooking stuff and lotion...it's like she read my mind! hahaha...she was so thoughtful and then she also bought me lunch. But the material aspect of this story is not the main focus of my thoughts.

Karitza is always concerned about my personal welfare. She is so invested in my well-being and my life. She constantly invites me over to her house and constantly asks how I'm doing and at times, forces me to open up to her in a one-on-one clinical-type meeting...ha. She's truly invested in who I am and that genuine nature is priceless. I've been concentrating on what I'm missing out on that I haven't taken a moment to look at the people God has thrown in my life in Connecticut. Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope and pray that your Christmas is blessed and wonderful, no matter who you are spending it with or where you are spending it! God Bless!!!

P.S. I also got a Buzz Lightyear snuggie!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Dennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment