Tuesday, December 28, 2010

You Take the Good with the Bad

Bad News: I've been sick since December 16th...the head cold that won't ever go away!

Good News: Christmas was as wonderful as it was going to be with wonderful extended family.

Bad News: Christmas made me miss my family even more. I missed the traditions we have and the food we make.

Good News: New Years is right around the corner and I'm going to Harlem, NY for it! Yeah, welcoming in 2011 the right way!

News in General: I miss my brother. It was plainly obvious on Christmas. I miss having my buddy who gets me and is silly and laughs at me being silly. I miss my sister, another fact that was obvious at Christmas. I miss having a big sister who acts as goofy as she did when she was six. I miss my parents...obviously because of Christmas. Mom called me like three times on Christmas and texted twice as many times. I think she missed me too...I take comfort in knowing that I am missed by people.

Yesterday was crazy. Alie and I barely beat the blizzard that hit the entire east coast. We shoveled for like two hours yesterday...there was a foot of snow or more. SO MUCH SNOW!!! AH! It's really cool though (no pun intended). Work was canceled yesterday because no one could get out of their house so it gave me a chance to work on my Snoopy puzzle!

Today was a productive day. I scheduled my dentist appointment. I filled out my loan deferment papers. I wrote all three essays I had to write for my re-application to JVC for next year. I mailed off the bills and a package for my fiance. I balanced our house finances and looked up train ticket schedules for Friday. SO MUCH GOT DONE!

Joe got me a whistle! So now I don't have to yell all the time! It's the little things that bring me joy anymore! hahaha...if JVC has taught me anything, that's it. Take joy in the small and simple things! Well, that's the good, the bad and the snowy!!! hahaha...loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment