Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Falling into Bridgeport


I must say, fall is one of the most under rated seasons in Washington state. I have been in Connecticut for over two months now and the fall season is in full swing. It is one of the most beautiful sites to see...back home in Washington, we get maybe four days tops of beautiful, crisp air and clear, blue skies outlined with bright orange, yellow and amber leaves. Then the rain comes and knocks all the leaves to the ground and that's my fall season. Here, the fall has been in full swing for at least two weeks...it's gorgeous. I look out my window every morning to sunshine, autumn colors and light bursts of wind dancing with the limbs of the trees. It's like a dream, I keep waiting to wake up with pouring rain and monstrous puddles in my front yard, but alas, it has yet to occur. So I've come to this conclusion: Washington is definitely missing out on the season...it's cold, yes, but there is very minimal rain and the colors are so beautiful. Washington needs to get on board and incorporate fall into their calendar.

Otherwise, this weekend my roommates and I had a few meetings with our P.C. and local support people to help sort out questions we had about what loosing a roommate means for us. It was very reassuring and helpful. Then, we had a Bridgeport alum come visit us from last year's house. She was cool and treated us to beer at Archie Moore's Pub. We watched the Phillies lose (which only fed into Alie's theory that if she watches them play, they lose). It was a fun, relaxing night.

On Sunday, we went to Silverman's Farm with the hopes of picking apples; when we got there we discovered that to our amazement, apple picking season was over...so we got two pumpkins and a gourd for our porch. Carving will commence in about a week or so...I can't wait!!! We had a lot of fun watching the millions (over-exaggeration) of kids run around the farm, playing on hay bails and picking the perfect pumpkin for them.

When we weren't doing all the above stated things, I crocheted two hats...the first was a sad excuse for a hat (it resembled a Hershey's kiss) but the second one came out much better. I have also finished the tedious process of re-sizing and sewing my staff shirt to fit me. I took a size XL and made it a small in two short months...never again will I attempt such a project without a sewing machine! So I've been filling my spare time with crafty projects and some light reading...I'm still working on the third Harry Potter book and my roommates and I decided to begin our own book group. Our first book is "To Kill a Mockingbird". None of us have read it before so it should be good...it is a classic. It was an all around good weekend...after a crazy whirlwind of a week. I hope the fall days are long and beautiful for you all as well!!! Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment