Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"There you go making me feel like a kid. Won't you do it and do it one time."

***Song lyrics (in blog title) taken from “Stuck Like Glue” by Sugerland. I have had this song stuck in my head for the past four days...it's so upbeat and fun! :)

*Thursday, Dec. 29th, 2011: Woke up early and made my return back to DC today. Today I am thankful for the nice United airlines desk person. My flight to DC was canceled when I got to Chicago and the nice desk person got me on the next flight out of Chicago...I was supposed to originally leave Chicago at 1pm but instead left on the next flight at 3pm because of her quick thinking and kindness. Other people from my cancelled flight were put on stand-by (like 30 people on the stand-by list) and I swooped right in on the 3pm flight...that desk woman was such a blessing today.

*Friday, Dec. 30th, 2011: So I am having a hard time letting go of Christmas and today I watched "The Polar Express". I am grateful for Christmas movies and the "Polar Express" that remind us that "seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

*Saturday, Dec. 31st, 2011: NEW YEAR'S EVE!!! I am grateful for my community mate, Brittney, and her parents today. We had such a good time going out to eat, talking about Britt's childhood and then going into Alexandria for the First Night celebration. After we got our tickets to First Night, we went to a bar and proceeded to welcome in the New Year a little faded (to say the least). It was fun celebrating with them and watching the Times Square ball drop on TV and just bring in the new year with amazing people.



*Sunday, Jan. 1st, 2012: I am grateful for football today. I love watching the games and I had such a blast watching ALL of the 1 o'clock games today and watching the Eagles win, sadly watching the Jets lose and the Lions lose :(. I was holding out for a Jets win today but it didn't happen. I love the bar sports atmosphere of fans and craziness that you just don't get in the Pacific Northwest. I am grateful for east coast sports bars and fans today. :)

*Monday, Jan. 2nd, 2012: All of my community mates came home today! I am grateful for their safe return! It felt like our home was complete when everyone came back tonight. I was sitting on the couch, crocheting and watching Jeopardy, when Cara and Colleen came home about 15 minutes apart. It was nice to have them back and excited to share about their travels and holidays. I am grateful for them and the break we had away from each other to help me appreciate them more.

*Tuesday, Jan. 3rd, 2012: Back to the wind and grind of work. I am still at Emmaus and am working to find other options for me as a JV. I am hoping that 2012 proves to be a wonderful volunteer year for me and for those I will be and have served. Today I am grateful for the receptionist at Emmaus. I hadn't seen her since Dec. 9th so having her back in the office is really nice. She had inside jokes with me and laughs with me about silly things. She shares stories with me and asks about my family all the time so I'm grateful she's back...she's such a silver lining to this dark cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment