Friday, January 6, 2012

"You can go your own way. Go your own way."

***Song lyrics (in title of blog) taken from "Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac.

*Wednesday, Jan. 4th, 2012: Last night was rough...yesterday was rough. I got rejected from the placement I was really hoping for. It's my fault that I put all my eggs in one basket and it's my fault I got my hopes up so I can only really blame myself for the poopiness I was feeling last night. On a brighter note, I am thankful for my roommates (a-hem, I mean community mates) today. After I fell apart during our check-in last night, they were there for me. They just listened to me...didn't respond, let me sit in my silence and then tears with blubbering words and then silence and then tears with blubbering words again. After our check-in, one of my community mates came up to me and kissed my forehead, that's all...no words, no advice, just a kiss...it was perfect. Then one of my other community mates told me (when it was just the two of us) that she was amazed by my strength and so proud. I am grateful for them today...they gave me strength to come into Emmaus and begin from square one and look for another placement.

*Thursday, Jan. 5th, 2012: Today I am thankful for one of my seniors, *Ms. 007. I had to make a poopy announcement that our lunch delivery people didn't show up and all I could do was order pizza and some of the seniors were angry and then lectured me about the devil playing a role in why Emmaus is failing...then, Ms. 007 said, "well I think she's doing the best she can and I LOVE pizza." She made me smile and made me feel like I hadn't completely failed. She is my angel. She is the reason I will miss Emmaus...such a beautiful human being. I am grateful for Ms. 007 today.

*Friday, Jan. 6th, 2012: This is the grand-daddy of BIG news and important things filled with gratitude! I FOUND A NEW PLACEMENT!!! I will be working at a new placement come January 17th. I accepted the position this afternoon and am excited to see where this new chapter will take me. I am nervous because my current ED is finding out this weekend that I am leaving, and I fear his response, but I need to look to the future. I am leaving this really ugly, really messy situation and going my own way to a new placement. I will be working at Miriam's Kitchen: http://www.miriamskitchen.org/. I am excited and beyond ecstatic about the news because it's a great placement (it's a placement I applied for last year). So thank you for all your prayers, all your support and all your love. God had a plan for me from the get-go and I just needed to rest assure in that. :) P.S. This song, "Go Your Own Way" came on the radio as soon as I got to my desk at Emmaus today...thought it fitting.

*Names changed for obvious reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment